today was my first day of training!
things i learned:
- chocolate buttercream frosting is terrible. now, listen: it’s delicious. but if you are packing cupcakes for people, it will get on everything you own and will seep into your soul and ruin everything. the rag you’re meant to carry is not for spills. it’s for getting chocolate buttercream off your life.
- wearing latex gloves = sweaty hands. sweaty hands after wearing latex gloves = a million times harder to get gloves back on.
- my feet will never get used to standing for eight hours straight.
- people are not specific enough about how much milk they want in their coffee.
- most people will not acknowledge you when you say “hello welcome to [the bakery!]” it’s okay.
- HOLD BACK ALL SNEEZES.
- DO NOT TURN THE COFFEE GRINDER ON WHILE THE FAN IS ON. ALL OF THE CUPCAKES WILL BE RUINED.
- the right answer to “which is your favorite cupcake?” is not “oh sorry this is my first day.”
- everything hurts.
- losingbobbypins said: I lol’d at these. And I’ve been working 9 hour days every day at my job. It does a number on your feet/back :(
- queer-seal likes this
- conortumblr likes this
- tangerineboxes likes this
- legss likes this
- graveyard-ghost likes this
- static-mind likes this
- martiniglass said: ALSO YAY YOU!
- ancientbruises posted this