“I don’t know how hot it is down there, but it’s approximately a million degrees hotter than it is up on street level.”
A+ for Accuracy on that one.
They forgot the most important one, though! When the train rolls up to the platform, stand next to the doors, not in front of them, so that people can leave the car before you all smash on.
…nobody actually changes their fucking shoes before getting on the train. Don’t actually wrap your arm around the pole because then you’re hogging the pole and others can’t use it. Use your hand to grip it and then step back if you can so more people can use it if the train gets crowded. Also in addition to giving up your seats for pregnant people, elderly people, and people you want to date PLEASE GIVE YOUR SEATS UP TO THE DISABLED. Even people who just look like they’re having a hard time is nice as you can’t always tell who has an invisible disability and who doesn’t. When I’m leaning up against everything and grimacing but didn’t bring my cane that day, my back and probably other parts are in excruciating pain. If you give up your seat because you’re only going two stops, I love you in that instant.
Bad behaviors: No one really cares if you’re eating on the train. If you’re going or coming from work and part of your trips all the way out in Bay Ridge but you have to go all the way out to Manhattan, you’re going to be on the train for at least an hour, possibly even 3 if it’s night hours. People gotta eat, do what you gotta do but leaving a mess is douchey. Leaving it on the seat where people have to sit is douchey. Also some of the worst? Don’t put your bags on the seat, especially if it’s a crowded car. If someone needs a seat but you absolutely needed to put your shopping bags or backpack there, that’s also douchey. The absolute worst? DON’T SIT WITH YOUR LEGS ALL THE WAY OPEN TO ACOMMODATE YOUR APPARENTLY SWOLLEN TESTICLES. DON’T DO IT. DON’T FUCKING DO IT. I don’t want your legs up against me and I don’t want to not be able to sit down because you need to have extra ball space. Close your fucking legs a little and be fucking considerate. Also pretty bad? Don’t harass people on the train. If I’m wearing headphones, I probably don’t want to talk to you. If you try to talk to me and I’m not really engaging, I’m answering in one word responses, I’m not interested. Back off, leave me alone.
i usually have to transfer at times square to get to work so tourist central. they really don’t seem to get it: LET. PEOPLE. OFF. THE. TRAIN. FIRST. especially when it’s packed, just wait the extra 5 seconds and make sure everyone gets off. because guess what? then there will be more room for you! and the train will not leave you when you’re waiting for it to unload because actual human train conductors watch the doors and can see you politely waiting for people to get off.
and like what supersoygrrrl said, riding the train late at night since i get off work so late now has also made me really despise anyone (cis-dudes, i’m looking at you) who sit with their legs open enough to take up three seats. i’m okay with the slight contact necessary when on a crowded train but really?
oh also when the train gets empty and you can move over so we’re not at all touching anymore BUT YOU DON’T. what is that. i usually grab the edge seat so i can’t move to get space between us, that’s up to the person sitting in the middle. when there are only two people in the car you should not still be on top of me.
wow apparently i needed a subway rant.
- aennaarrh reblogged this from laughingsquid
- addicted2dance86 reblogged this from laughingsquid
- geniphur reblogged this from laughingsquid and added:
- thathatisis likes this
- towncar57 reblogged this from laughingsquid
- gio68 reblogged this from laughingsquid
- lostmytardiskey likes this
- crystillinestructures likes this
- we-fade reblogged this from laughingsquid
- quietstorm1234 likes this
- gogglesque likes this
- guillemott reblogged this from laughingsquid
- rawrxanny reblogged this from laughingsquid
- hatsnboots reblogged this from laughingsquid and added:
- somuchfunithurts likes this
- laisladefabu reblogged this from laughingsquid and added:
- alex-in-real-life likes this
- lightersandlouboutins reblogged this from laughingsquid
- daintydingleberry likes this
- taita likes this
- maique likes this
- hairypitsandtits likes this
- aftermidnite reblogged this from laughingsquid and added:
- killday likes this
- chaoticpassions reblogged this from allthestarsaboveyoureyes and added:
- stuartlcanton likes this
- watdafuqbro likes this
- kyliephillips likes this
- ratsoff likes this
- bgarciaking likes this
- wearewriteclub reblogged this from laughingsquid and added:
- stampoutcancer reblogged this from laughingsquid
- misterong reblogged this from laughingsquid
- misterong likes this
- not-madi likes this
- thebookh8r likes this
- ercoidem likes this
- killyourneighborsego likes this
- trippycanoe likes this
- sweendawg reblogged this from penkwin
- sweendawg likes this
- allthestarsaboveyoureyes reblogged this from laughingsquid
- cyanidesartspace likes this
- shmoesy likes this
- alteredcarbon58 likes this
- joanneofearth likes this
- eightfold-path likes this
- han-hanjackson likes this
- puddlerat likes this
- urbanglobalgirl reblogged this from laughingsquid